Outdoor holiday activities include swimming, bird watching, boating, canoeing, fishing and plenty more while rainy days will see you in restaurants and shops, viewing wildlife and catching the amazing scenery from the many drives.
Knysna is ideally situated to explore the Garden Route. Everything is just a day trip away!
Sun and sea
The Garden Route offers some of the best water sport activity areas along the Southern Coast of Africa.
• Hire a boat, or bring your own, and cruise our beautiful lagoon, streams and rivers
• Take a ferry across to Featherbed Nature Reserve or to the Knysna Heads - enjoy a romantic sunset,
or leisurely lunchtime cruise.
• For an adrenalin rush in the water, go shark cage diving at Mossel Bay or Blackwater Tubing at Stormsriver.
• Watch the dolphins and whales play along our coastline.
Adventure holiday activities
• Paraglide in heavan - soar above the coast and have a birds-eye view of this beautiful enviroment.
• Abseil down the Knysna Heads and some other cliffs on the coastline
• Rock climb in some unique and beautiful areas
• Explore the area by quad bike (biking on the beach is not allowed due to the fragile eco-system).
• Experience the thrill of hanging from a cable and gliding from one tree top to another in the dense
Wild Life holiday activities
• Visit a Game farm just a few minutes outside of George and watch the crocodiles feed.
• Visit one or more of the world-famous ostrich farms in Oudtshoorn
• Touch leopards at a wildlife ranch.
• Get up close and personal with the inhabitants of Monkey Land.
• Visit the Cheetah farm, the Knysna Elephant Park and see the Knysna Seahorses in the Knysna Lagoon.
• Go to one of the many Nature Reserves in and around the Knysna area.
• George offers you the opportunity to go back in time and experience the old railway history of
Southern Africa at the Railway Museum.
• Indulge in fresh Oysters from the Lagoon and visit the local beer brewery.
• Take a trip through to Outshoorn and experience one of the Cango Caves.
• Visit the Post Office Tree and the Dias Caravel Museum in Mossel Bay.
Outdoor Holiday Activities
• This area is a golfer's paradise. Visit one of the various PGA registered golf-courses along our
• Cycle on the many biking trails through the forests in the area.
• Hike or horse-back ride one of the excellent hiking and horse riding trails along the coast and in the forest.
Out and About
• Shop 'til you drop in the many unique shops in Knynsa - The Waterfront, Woodmill Lane and
Main Street are just some shopping areas.
• There are a wide selection of Restaurants, Coffee shops, Pub & Grills, Pizzerias and Farm stalls
in the Knysna area.
• Weekends are famous for the many markets in the area - from Sedgefeild to Hakerville and Wilderness.